Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm 29 for real!

Okay, I have to say after being told my whole life that I look younger than I am this year is a first. It was my birthday on the 2nd and when someone would ask, "how old are you?" I would say, "29". Then they would say, "again", or "really?" because everyone thinks it's a joke when you turn 29. I'm thinking how old do I look, right? I'm now contemplating Botox or a face lift! Okay, 29 isn't that old but I remember being 16 and thinking it was. My twenties have been great, what a difference 10 years can make. I got married (21), had my first baby (23), bought a mini van (27), bought our first house (28), had my second baby (28), and will have my third baby (29). (It was a goal of mine to have all my children before I turn 30. Snuck this last one in just in time.) A little bit older and wiser too...

I had a really nice birthday (in between the bouts of pregnancy crying because... well I'm turning 29). Dave got this delicious cake from Costco and we had some friends over to share it with. Sidenote... that week (being a little depressed) I ate most of that cake and went in for my doctor's appointment and had gained 5 pounds! (That is almost a third of what I have gained the whole pregnancy. The nurse asked me if I had been eating differently and I told her I turned 29. She understood and nothing else needed to be said.) Here are some pictures of me with my yummy cake.


Lastly, it was a beautiful day around 80 something and later that night it started to pour rain. When I say pour I mean it! It actually flooded our street (not our house thank goodness). McKenna put her bathing suit on and ran around in it (how sanitary that is, I don't know but Dave seemed to be okay with it so I figured she would be fine.) Our friends even got out their canoe and Dave, McKenna, and their son Parker went boating in the street. Such crazy weather we have been having!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Happy Birthday Mama!!!