Monday, July 20, 2009

Father's Day

I first have to start out by saying what a wonderful father Dave is. McKenna and Reeve love him so very much. For a while there if Dave was around Reeve didn't even want me to hold him. I remember when McKenna was young and Dave would get home from work she would grab him and take him to her room to read stories or play and I would try to come join them and she would tell me that she wanted to just play with him. (This of course sometimes hurt my feelings but also made me so happy that she has a daddy that she loves so much.) If McKenna gets hurt the first thing she wants to do is call or show daddy. If a diaper needs changing he will just change it instead of just handing me the baby.

I love that when he gets home from work he doesn't just kick off his shoes and turn on sports or something. He sits down and plays with the kids and takes a real interest in everything they are doing. I remember my mother-in-law saying once that her husband was gone a lot being in the military but when he was home, he was home. I know that Dave got this very wonderful quality from him and am so thankful. Speaking of Grandpa, McKenna has always had such a sweet bond with him as well. She loves to have alone time with her favorite people and Fred always takes advantage of that time with her reading books and playing. She just adores her Grandpa and just like his own kids is very excited when she makes him proud. I am so glad we have Father's Day. In a world that so many kids don't have a father in their lives I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful one in my life for my kids to celebrate.

Thank you Dave, for being such a wonderful father and husband, we are so lucky to have you!

For Father's Day this year. McKenna and I got up early and made Dave breakfast (sausage-egg-muffins) which we all enjoyed.


Then the kids gave him their cards.



I made him a little plaque that says "We cannot control the winds but, we can adjust our sails." It was a fun little project that McKenna helped me with. It was a really nice day. We went to church and had Hawaiian haystacks (Dave's favorite) for dinner. All in all it was a great Father's Day.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Cute pics! Looks like Dave had a great Father's day!