Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Growing Faster Everyday

Last night was a sleepless night! Reeve is starting to get a cold and would not go to sleep no matter what I did. Finally at 1 a.m. he fell asleep. At 2 a.m. McKenna woke up with growing pains in her knees. Her crying woke Reeve up and he started crying. At first I was so frustrated. I had only been asleep for 30 minutes. As I was sitting there rubbing her knee, explaining what exactly growing pains are it made me think. The reason she is hurting is because she is growing. I thought how fast the almost five years have passed since she was born and thought one day I am actually going to miss when she would wake me up to rub her legs. I stopped being crabby and rubbed her knees until she fell asleep and was able to get Reeve back to sleep without very much trouble. I laid back down and thought a little bit more about family and life and fell asleep much more content than when I woke up.

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow..... For babies grow up we've learned to our sorrow...... So quiet down cobwebs..... Dust go to sleep.... I'm rocking my babies, cause babies don't keep!

I got this off of one of my friends blogs and thought is was sweet. Thanks, Stacey!


1 comment:

Shirley said...

You have no idea how fast they grow! You REALLY need to enjoy every minute you have with them!
PS I want to see new pics of your house!