Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilighting

It all started when all of Dave's family was visiting. My adorable sister-in-law Mindy would disappear every couple hours. I would ask, "Where's Mindy?" The answer was always, "Probably downstairs reading the last Twilight book." I had heard of these silly vampire books but like Harry Potter had no interest in reading them. Finally I was sick of not understanding what the hype was about and so I went on ebay and bid on the book (I was not about to pay full price for some ridiculous vampire book). It came in the mail and a week after I got it I started to read it. At first I was thinking this so silly. Why am I reading this book? Yet I continued to read. One month later and after reading about 3000 pages of the four books. This teen vampire love story had me sucked in like most. I even drug a couple more friends into the Twilight obsession with me. Your welcome Angie and Susan.

That leads us up to November 22. The movie adaptation of the first book had just been released. I was invited to got to a Twilight... event. I don't use the word event loosely. We had limo rides, got t-shirts, a gift bag with tons of swag, bite tattoos, and a private showing of the movie. It was such a fun night!

Here is our group in front of the limo. Susan, me, Autumn, Angie, and Linda.

We were so excited to be in the limo and it was Susan's first time ever riding in one.

Her house was all decked out with Twilight posters and quotes. You can see behind us one of the cool ones it was a picture collage of Edward and Bella and said "Be safe". Clever.


Sus and I getting bitten!



At the private showing of the movie. Stacey, Susan, and I. Yes, we have vampire teeth in, watch out!!! Stephanie Meyers aunt was even there!


The after party. Yes, that is supposed to be Edward, Bella, and Jacob. They had a skit before the movie started, complete with smoke machine and everything. I said I had fun, didn't I?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO much fun! Thanks for the invite- I'll be there next year for sure!

Mindy said...

So I would like to start this comment off by saying your welcome. You had such a great time because of me. :0 Just kidding! You would have read them sooner or later. It looks like you had sucha fun time. Bite tatoos? Crazy! I wish I could have seen the movie with you. Now I have got to get you in some other books that I am reading, they are soooo good. MISS YOU!

James Eli Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Eli Peterson said...

all i can say is lol followed with an omg! you girls look like you had a ton of fun, but you rented a limo? kelsey read to me all four books! it was a bonding experience where we each get to choose a book (or 4 in her case) to read together; actually kelsey reads them ALL out loud to me. during the twilight marathon i found her several times suddenly starting to laugh followed by "i can't believe how cheesy this book is when i read it out-loud." i agreed with her EVERYtime...girls. glad you enjoyed your night out and miss you guys.

Sara said...

that looks so fun. I read all the books too, I wish we lived close. your are so crazy. miss you guys.