Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Parade

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving Pocatello always has a Christmas parade down Main St. That's how we know Santa has come to town. McKenna loves parades but I think it is mostly for the candy. When I was getting out of the car she kept trying to run over to the parade. She was yelling "it's starting, it's starting!" We finally got settled and she was happy....

until I wanted to take a picture of her. She is screaming at me to get out of the way. I calmly explained that the parade still hadn't started and to calm down and take some nice pictures for me.

Just two days before on Thanksgiving it was warm enough to eat outside. On the day of the parade it was frigidly cold. The reason my pictures look blurry is because the camera was starting to freeze. I thought Reeve wouldn't enjoy the parade but I think he had just as much as McKenna. He loved looking at all the lights. The only time he got upset was when they would honk their horns or turn on sirens.

So Santa Claus has officially come to the town of Pocatello... or at least to the mall, where McKenna thinks he lives. Kind of prophetic when you think about it. Non the less he is here and McKenna is terrified of him this year. I asked if she wanted to sit on his lap and tell him what she wanted for Christmas and she said, "No, I'll just send him a letter this year." To each their own.

No comments: