Thursday, May 21, 2009

Easter Fun

On Easter day we started out like most holiday's around the Salisbury household having pancakes (McKenna's favorite breakfast). Dave made these cool ones that looked like little bunnies. McKenna decorated them with jellybeans which she really enjoyed.

After breakfast it was Easter basket time. This year I was lazy and just got the pre-made basket. (Which after running some numbers I figured was much cheaper than making one.) Reeve's most favorite thing in the world right now is balls. He loves to play with them and roll them back and forth. Since I figured he wouldn't remember this Easter anyway I just got him a bunch of balls which made him very happy.


One of my favorite things about Easter is going to church and seeing all the kids dressed up in their new Easter dresses and outfits. McKenna was so funny this year she even wanted a hat and gloves. She told my mom this and of course we received a box in the mail with a new dress, hat, cardigan, and matching purse. We had so much fun that morning curling her hair and when I was done she decided that she didn't want to put the hat on anymore. She is so funny! She is becoming such a girl. For example she had been playing in the sprinkler this evening and when she was done she took a bath to warm up and I put her jammies on (it was about 7 pm). She then saw her friends playing outside. I told her she could just go out in her jammies. She said, "Mom, Parker and Allie are out there. I don't want to be embarrassed." Of course I didn't want her to feel embarrassed so I told her she could put on whatever she wanted. It just feels like she is growing up so fast now.




After church we came home and made some fun Easter cupcakes and had our traditional Easter dinner of ham, twice baked potatoes, rolls, and sparkling cider. All in all it was a wonderful day!


1 comment:

lynsey said...

how cute are they! and twice baked potatoes? yummmmmmm. glad you had a good easter!