Wednesday, December 24, 2008

While the family is away the Dave will....remodel.

We have been working hard on updating our kitchen. When we first moved in Dave painted all the cabinets and replaced all the light fixtures. Then we had new counter top installed. After that Dave started his first tiling project. It turned out so good and we were almost done except for one large project.



While I was in Washington Dave decided that he was going to tear out the drop down ceiling and huge, horrible florescent light fixture. This turned out to be a larger task than he had anticipated. When he was almost done he told me "this is the kind of project you get half way through and wish you never started." (We have blow-in insulation) Well he did start and finish too! It looks awesome and our kitchen looks so much bigger.


I thought that this was all he had done but of course he couldn't stop there. He painted all of our upstairs doors white.

He also started the remodel on the downstairs bathroom.


Everything looks so good and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband that enjoys making our first little house such a beautiful home.

6 comments:

Heather H said...

Great work Dave, your house looks so cute! Too bad we dont live closer, Rob would love to have someone to do projects with! Hope you all had a merry Christmas!

Shirley said...

The house looks great! What a great treat to come home to. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That looks great. Do you rent him out???

Lynda Leaton said...

great blog information. Hope all is well with you all. The pictures of the kids sure surprise me - they are growing up so very fast. I hope to see you all this summer.

Love, Aunt Lynda

james eli peterson said...

david- my cousin, much props on the remodel...you are inspiring me to do some more myself. -james

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

I am glad Dave is such a handy man. Unfortunately if I want any handy work done I will have to do it myself or hire one.