Friday, September 12, 2008

Maci the Ladybug

So I thought we would go outside and hang out in the back yard. 1) To get these sick kids some fresh air. 2) Who knows how many more days we have of this beautiful sunshine. When we were out there McKenna found a ladybug. (one of her favorite pets.) She is so cute with them. She makes up little names for them and life stories. The one we found today is Maci (after one of her friends). This ladybug is a little angry but not all the time. (we recently read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle). She said, "that there was a little girl who loved this ladybug very much. They went down slides together and to the water park. She loved her so much that she had to let her go so she could go and find things to eat."

Then McKenna looked at me and said, "Guess who that little girl is, Mommy." I said, "Who?" She said, "McKenna." What a little sweetheart.

Here are some pictures of McKenna with her little ladybug Maci.



7 comments:

The Miller's said...

That is so adorable! I like the last picture how it looks like Reeve is waving!

(HI by the way, haven't talked to you in awhile, but I think I found the link to this blog on myspace? ~Amber Miller)

lynsey said...

hey salisbury's!

it was so fun to hear from you...we've often wondered how you guys are doing. your kids are SO cute! i remember the night you sat in our apartment & had constant contractions & we kept wondering when mckenna was going to show her beautiful face. we're really excited to keep in touch with you guys & are so happy you're doing well. isn't blogging great for finding old friends?

love, the straders

Mindy said...

So stinkin cute!! I was laughing so hard when I saw Mckenna with all those tissues. I miss you guys! Sorry to hear you are sick with colds!

Stefanie said...

Tia! Sooooo good to see you blogging. Your family is beautiful! And what a handsome boy you have. Aren't little boys the best, I only say that cause I don't have any little girls (yet). Glad to see you guys are doing well and I'll have to check your blog more often now. :o)

Anonymous said...

AAAHHH, Maci the ladybug. My girls are into ladybugs these days, too- and fight over the one they find.
You have cute kids-wish we lived closer. :)

Brooke said...

Yeah for you for keeping up with your blog! Keep up the good work :) It was so fun to see you. Aden asks about his new friend McKenna :) We'll do it again sometime when we're down visiting family. Salisburys rock!!!

Michael & Wendy Mecham said...

Tia- I just found your blog. I am so sad that I missed you at your baby shower.
Your kids are adorable. =)Wendy