Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kindergarten

McKenna is officially a kindergartner! She has been looking forward to this day since she was three. The day started out with waking up extra early. School starts at 7:55 am. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a morning person so the early mornings have proven difficult (especially after being up with a baby and sometimes babies). I gave McKenna a ride to school which she was not happy about because she wanted to take the bus. She is such courageous little girl. We took a couple pictures in front of the school before she went in.


I brought her in and sat her down and gave her a few words of encouragement like, "Listen to your teacher." and "Be nice to the other kids." and "Be a good girl."

By this time I had tears streaming down my face. It was time for me to go.

It is so cute in this picture it looks like McKenna was sad to see me go. She actually was upset that I was crying. She is such a caring person. Just thinking of that day just makes me well up. She is such a big girl and I am so proud of her.

When school was over I went to pick her up and she apparently wanted to take the bus home. She cried all the way home. I told her she is the only child I know that cries when she leaves school. She has loved kindergarten so far, making new friends, learning new things, and of course taking the bus.

5 comments:

angela said...

Taking the bus is one of Drake's favorite things about school. If he's dragging his feet in the morning, I'll just tell him if he doesn't hurry faster I can just drive him to school. He always makes the bus.

Mindy said...

So cute...I think when I was her age I was crying because I had to go to school. Just kiddin, I have no clue. I just remember learning how to copy from my neighbor's paper and I leaned over too far and I got my eye poked with his pencil and I started crying and he got into trouble. ha ha, I should of been the one for cheating! Don't ever tell mckenna that story. :)

HowSut Goin'? said...

Tia- we miss you!! Howie has a few days off this week- Does Dave? Wanna get together!? I love your pictures. But, I still haven't seen your newest addition... :)

mymoms baby shop said...

WOW UR BABY SO SWEET,,LIKE MOM..

lunettesdesoleilparis said...

Sac A Main

Lunettes De Soleil

Tee Shirts

Chaussures Femmes

Pas Cher Vente