Monday, April 6, 2009

Building Forts


McKenna has really been into building forts lately. This particular day she was building a "doghouse". I remember as a kid building them in our basement with my brothers. We would make them into mazes with dead ends and hide in them or we would make houses with our own rooms. I even remember decorating my "room". I have heard it said that, "Childhood is the most beautiful of all life's seasons." I think that is so true. I know that it has been a beautiful season for me watching these two little ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- you must be feeling well- you caught up your blog rather quickly. :) Things are good here. Nice to have blogs to keep in touch. I LOVED making forts when I was little. We always used a card table with a blanket hanging over. Sometimes, we'd use cushions and make a maze too. We had sooo much fun, and then we'd show mom, and she'd be wide-eyed and say, "Wow, kids, you've used every blanket and pillow/cushion we have!" What a good sport. ANd you are too- so laid back. Take care, sista.

Mindy said...

He looks like he is waving to the camera. So cute! I can't wait to see you guys soon!